web page hit counter TBnJ: Home from the Ball

Sunday, April 13, 2008

 

Home from the Ball

Daddy-o and J went to the Wonder Ball last night. As J collapsed into bed at a late 9:30, I asked her how it was. She said it was "great." I asked her if she saw anyone she knew there, and she replied, "Buttermilk!" I told her, "Buttermilk is actually a woman named Jill." At that point, B piped up from his bed where he was almost asleep, "Why was Buttermilk there?" You could tell he was afraid he'd missed some fun Biscuit Brother related event. I told him and J, "Jill works for the people who threw the Ball, or at least she's a volunteer for them. The Biscuit Brothers weren't there." He was satisfied with that.

I asked J what they did, and between what she said last night and what Daddy-o said this morning, I've heard that they learned a few dances, watched other people dance, played with balloons, saw a juggler, met the Fairy Godmother, had snacks, and got a fabulous formal portrait taken of the two of them. Then as I was leaving the room for J to fall asleep, she asked, "Can we go to the next [Ball]?" I told her that we'd see. I didn't know when the next Ball would be, but we definitely would consider it. This morning, she is still just as happy with the experience and wanting to return again.

I also put the formal portrait into a 4x6" picture frame and gave it to her. She is VERY excited about that, too. She wanted it in her room which was my intention. You can tell from the look in her eyes that she loves the picture of just her and her daddy.

Edited to add: J took a shower before bed last night, but as she was getting in bed, her head was shimmering with multicolor glitter. I mentioned this to her, and she giggled and said, "That's from the Ball." Yes, I figured as much. I still haven't heard how it all ended up in her hair.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?