Wednesday, March 26, 2008
The Wonder Ball
Daddy-o and I have been contemplating the Wonder Ball coming up. While it's an expensive fundraiser, it is also for an organization that has (unfortunately) had to help several friends of ours. It's also absolutely perfectly designed for J at this point in her life. Daddy-o and I came to the decision that he and J would go if she wanted to, so yesterday when we were all outside coloring on the driveway in the gorgeous 80 degree weather, I asked her. I told her the basics of what it was: Get dressed up fancy, go with just Daddy to a place downtown, dance, try on Cinderella's slipper, wear a tiara, etc. B looked up at me and said, "That doesn't sound like any fun to me." This is why it's a daddy-daughter ball! T also chimed in, "That doesn't sound like fun to me either, but do they have anything like it in Robin Hood? Or maybe astronomy? Could we go to those instead?" I had to break it to the boys that this was not a select-a-ball type event. The boys would stay home with me and watch a movie or something while Daddy-o and J went to the ball.
Labels: in Austin, kid sayings
