Monday, July 30, 2007
Sir Talksalot
B is home from school today because his temperature is at 99 and he is coughing. This is down from 4 days at 99.5-100.5. However, the thermometer at school runs a little hotter than ours, so they'd probably send him back home for today and tomorrow. As a result, we're keeping him home one more day. He has felt fine through all of this, never slowing down at all.
This morning B and I went up to the doctor together since I had a previously scheduled appointment for me. As we left the neighborhood, we drove past a neighbor's house whom the kids met a week or two ago. B told me, "That's B's house. I recognizes these things."
B was amazingly quiet during the appointment, but before and after he's been chatting my ear off-- hence the nickname of Sir Talksalot. The doctor's office sits next to a small wooded area. B was looking out the window and found four deer laying in the woods. It was very exciting. Two of the deer were munching on leaves and/or grass. B wanted to know what the deer were eating, and so I told him. He told me, "They eat the same thing as dinosaurs!"
On the way home, B told me how to drive on the roads that Daddy usually drives on. Those happen to be the roads I drive on too. He wanted to know why a water tower is called a water tower and why we can't see the water in the water tower. He informed me that they had gotten a new, smaller battery for my car (the previous one died last week after a very short life) but it's ok that the new one is smaller and it's working well. He said that the store that sold the battery also sold windshield wipers and so they got windshield wipers for Daddy's car and wasn't that great that the store sold both of those things?
We got home and he found the mushroom sticking out of the garage door. We also walked around the house and found three large spider webs in the front garden but no mushrooms and no evidence of his bean sprout from school which we think he killed in the process of replanting it.
B then watched Zoboomafoo. I told him it was a show about animals. He repetitiously asked me, "Is that the show where they talk about animals? I love that!" The boy loves to talk, too.
He has since moved on to his collection of Little Bear tapes with brief interruptions to watch the ever exciting trash truck do its thing and the yard mowers plowing through the swamps. Such is the excitement of a "sick" Monday at home without siblings to determine the course of action.
This morning B and I went up to the doctor together since I had a previously scheduled appointment for me. As we left the neighborhood, we drove past a neighbor's house whom the kids met a week or two ago. B told me, "That's B's house. I recognizes these things."
B was amazingly quiet during the appointment, but before and after he's been chatting my ear off-- hence the nickname of Sir Talksalot. The doctor's office sits next to a small wooded area. B was looking out the window and found four deer laying in the woods. It was very exciting. Two of the deer were munching on leaves and/or grass. B wanted to know what the deer were eating, and so I told him. He told me, "They eat the same thing as dinosaurs!"
On the way home, B told me how to drive on the roads that Daddy usually drives on. Those happen to be the roads I drive on too. He wanted to know why a water tower is called a water tower and why we can't see the water in the water tower. He informed me that they had gotten a new, smaller battery for my car (the previous one died last week after a very short life) but it's ok that the new one is smaller and it's working well. He said that the store that sold the battery also sold windshield wipers and so they got windshield wipers for Daddy's car and wasn't that great that the store sold both of those things?
We got home and he found the mushroom sticking out of the garage door. We also walked around the house and found three large spider webs in the front garden but no mushrooms and no evidence of his bean sprout from school which we think he killed in the process of replanting it.
B then watched Zoboomafoo. I told him it was a show about animals. He repetitiously asked me, "Is that the show where they talk about animals? I love that!" The boy loves to talk, too.
He has since moved on to his collection of Little Bear tapes with brief interruptions to watch the ever exciting trash truck do its thing and the yard mowers plowing through the swamps. Such is the excitement of a "sick" Monday at home without siblings to determine the course of action.
Labels: around the house, in Austin, kid sayings
