Wednesday, May 16, 2007
pre-Halloween 2007
Last night we were discussing how we were glad the kids weren't Captain Hook since that hook could get painful. I asked the kids what they wanted to be for Halloween, because I've been expecting T to say that he wants to be Peter Pan. However, I got a surprise. J said she wants to be a ghost (the leftover costume idea from last year). B said he probably wants to be a ghost. Maybe.
And T... T wants to be the Yeti. Ugh. Making a Yeti costume doesn't sound like fun. I don't want to make one. Daddy-o suggested that the fabric stores have the fake fur fabric. Daddy-o hasn't sewn that fabric before, and so I explained to him that I have no intention of fighting with it. It's not easy to work with. It's better than lame, but it's still not fun. Plus, there's the issue that Halloween in Austin can be very hot. Some years it is in the 40s or 50s, but other years it is in the 80s. Big furry costumes are hot.
So I have Googled this morning looking for a Yeti costume. I found this one. I don't think so. Or this one. Again, not in the budget. Plus, those are both adult costumes. I found this one on Ebay, but it's too small for T who wears a size 7. Plus, it doesn't look like anything but a vinyl bib in the body.
I think I'm going back to trying to convince T to be Peter Pan. Or an astronaut. Or a robot made out of a big cardboard box and recycling.
And T... T wants to be the Yeti. Ugh. Making a Yeti costume doesn't sound like fun. I don't want to make one. Daddy-o suggested that the fabric stores have the fake fur fabric. Daddy-o hasn't sewn that fabric before, and so I explained to him that I have no intention of fighting with it. It's not easy to work with. It's better than lame, but it's still not fun. Plus, there's the issue that Halloween in Austin can be very hot. Some years it is in the 40s or 50s, but other years it is in the 80s. Big furry costumes are hot.
So I have Googled this morning looking for a Yeti costume. I found this one. I don't think so. Or this one. Again, not in the budget. Plus, those are both adult costumes. I found this one on Ebay, but it's too small for T who wears a size 7. Plus, it doesn't look like anything but a vinyl bib in the body.
I think I'm going back to trying to convince T to be Peter Pan. Or an astronaut. Or a robot made out of a big cardboard box and recycling.
Labels: around the house, movies and tv
