web page hit counter TBnJ: Turkey Soup

Monday, December 01, 2008

 

Turkey Soup

Over the weekend, for the first time ever, I made turkey stock from the leftover turkey bones. I then made sweet potato turkey soup and wild rice veggie turkey soup. We have enough of both to eat until the end of time, so we froze most of both. The boys love the sweet potato soup which is good because I think it tastes like baby food. The wild rice stuff is pretty good, though. I put both through the blender because then the boys will eat all the veggies without realizing it. (J is hopeless. She's not going to touch soup! We've just finally gotten her to eat smoothies.)

At dinner last night when we were eating the soups, B asked me, "Were the recipes for these two soups next to each other and that's why you made them?" T answered for me, "No, B, that's not how you make soup. To make soup, you just take whatever you have around and throw it in the pot." Obviously T has figured out how I cook. I let T know that some people really do use recipes to make soup though I do tend to take the "throw in whatever's in the fridge" approach. :)

adoration

(Red Dog watching Daddy-o carving the turkey)

Labels: ,


Comments:
Red Dog looks so eager to help... perhaps by eating anything that happens to fall his way.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?