web page hit counter TBnJ: lost in time

Saturday, September 13, 2008

 

lost in time

Last night, Daddy-o took J and B to the Brushy Creek water fountain park to play. They'd done this for the previous two Friday nights as well just because it's nearby and a good way to burn off some energy in the heat. Last night, T flat out refused to go. He was not interested at all. After he ascertained that we weren't going to let him play on the computer or watch tv if he stayed home, he said he'd still rather stay home and read books and play with Legos.

True to his word, T went and holed himself up in his room with some of Judy Blume's books. After an hour and a half at about 7:45 pm, I called for him to come look at some of the Hurricane Ike pictures on my computer. He knew exactly which ones were taken by satellite and announced them as such. Then while we were flipping through an album of photos on the Statesman's site, he looked out the window and asked, "Is it almost light or almost dark?" I was a bit confused by the question, but I told him, "It's almost dark." He responded, "Well, it looks like the sun could be coming up or going down."

A moment or two later after a few more pictures, T asked, "So have Daddy-o and J been gone all day?" I was very confused until I figured out that *T* was the one who was very confused. He had gotten so lost in his reading that he had no idea what time of day it was or how long he had been reading. Since I've fallen into many a library (especially archives) and lost track of time, I can see how it happens. I was just very surprised by T getting that lost in his own room reading Judy Blume.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
That's so sweet. He must have really wanted to read if he passed up a trip to the "sprinkler park!"
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?