Saturday, May 10, 2008
Georgetown and clones
There's probably a bad joke in that title about our current political administration.On Thursday, Daddy-o took TBnJ and Grandpa to San Gabriel Park in Georgetown (Texas, not D.C.) to play on the Creative Playscape. I've been hearing about this playscape since the twins were infants, but I've never been. T went there with a Capital Gymnastics camp over spring break (J was home sick), and he loved it, so Daddy-o took the whole crew back.
They had a lot of fun playing on the playscape (and managed not to run into anyone they knew!). They also had lots of fun walking by the river and playing in a creek. T and J had the camera when they were near the water, and hence, I now have about 50 pictures of ducks, geese, and other water fowl.After getting home from the park and napping, the crew (except me) watched Episode II of Star Wars: Attack of the Clones. They all
liked it a lot. They liked it so much that they watched parts of it again on Friday night. Daddy-o thinks that two of the lead actors/actresses were miscast and that the whole thing would have been much better without them. I only saw a few scenes while I was cooking dinner, and my primary thought was, "Wow, that gorgeous wedding veil with that intricate lace and detailed beading must have cost a fortune." The rest of the movie with all of its fighting and violence I could do without.Labels: movies and tv, out of town
