web page hit counter TBnJ: Tarragon Chicken Salad

Saturday, April 05, 2008

 

Tarragon Chicken Salad

I am not a huge fan of chicken salad, but I find the Whole Foods Tarragon Chicken Salad to be absolutely addicting. I made some recently without the nuts, and it was amazing as always. I didn't even bother offering it to the rest of my household, but I may try the next time I make it.

***

Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwiches

Fill a stockpot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add chicken to the boiling water, cover and return to a boil. Boil the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat, and let the chicken steep, covered, until the chicken is no longer pink in the thickest part of the breast, 8 to 12 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to a plate and let cool for approximately 20 minutes. The chicken can be prepared a day ahead of the rest of the salad if desired.

In a medium bowl combine the celery, mayonnaise, mustard, onion, almonds, tarragon, lemon juice and pepper, stir to blend. Cut the chicken into 1/2-inch cubes. Fold the chicken into the mayonnaise mixture. Arrange 6 slices of bread on a work surface. Divide the mixture equally among the bread slices. Top each with lettuce, a slice of tomato and second slice of bread. Cut sandwiches in half and serve.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?