Sunday, April 27, 2008
Shrek the Third
I know, I know. The rest of the universe has already seen this movie. But on Friday night, we finally got around to watching Shrek the Third. The movie got poor reviews when it came out; it was generally said not to be as good as the first two. I'd have to agree: The previous two movies were better. However, the movie wasn't bad. It just wasn't as good as the others. Daddy-o enjoyed the film the most of any of us, I think. T was a close second. There is a lot of "boy humor" in the film that J and I could have lived without. But there's also some witty remarks directed at adults that sail right over the heads of the kids. The ending did get a bit tense, and J was a bit freaked out. She kept going in the living room to avoid the movie. She kept threatening to go upstairs, but she never actually did. The kids also enjoyed the bonus features, though I skipped out on those.As we were watching the credits, T declared that Puss in Boots is his favorite character. B laid dibs on the Gingerbread Man. J said, "I like the princesses best [insert eyeroll from Daddy-o directed at Mama here] and the queen and the Shrek babies."
Labels: kid sayings, movies and tv
