web page hit counter TBnJ: reading recipes

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

 

reading recipes

Last night while I was making dinner, I realized I needed a recipe which I'd left upstairs on the printer. There were also a stack of other recipes I'd printed out from the internet sitting on the printer as well. I sent T upstairs to get the stack. He came downstairs with them, and as he entered the kitchen, he was looking through the entire stack of papers. Note to self: Don't send T to get something I don't want him to read because he will read literally anything!

Anyway, as T handed me the stack, I asked him, "See anything you like?" To my surprise, he responded, "Yeah, that chicken, cucumber and carrot salad looks interesting." This is the child who doesn't like raw carrots or cucumbers, but ok. If he's willing, I'll make it when he's around to try it!

I think I've hit on a new strategy. I'm going to hand him the stack of recipes before we go grocery shopping each week and let him decide on the menu for the week. Then again, we may end up eating a lot of burgers and tacos just like when Daddy-o plans the menu!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?