Wednesday, April 02, 2008
a pilot's license
On Sunday at dinner, T asked, "Is it true that you can get your pilot's license at 14?"
Both Daddy-o and I had similar responses spoken at the same time: "It may be legally possible to get one's pilot's license at 14, but YOU are not going to get yours at 14."
T laughed and said, "Dang." I think he was a bit amazed that both Daddy-o and I could see where his train of thought was going.
(And in case you were wondering, it's 16 for a restricted pilot's certificate, 17 for a private plane certificate, and 18 for a commercial plane certificate.)
Both Daddy-o and I had similar responses spoken at the same time: "It may be legally possible to get one's pilot's license at 14, but YOU are not going to get yours at 14."
T laughed and said, "Dang." I think he was a bit amazed that both Daddy-o and I could see where his train of thought was going.
(And in case you were wondering, it's 16 for a restricted pilot's certificate, 17 for a private plane certificate, and 18 for a commercial plane certificate.)
Labels: kid sayings
