web page hit counter TBnJ: bluebonnet photos

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

 

bluebonnet photos

On Sunday, we spent a lazy morning at home. I had planned on doing bluebonnet photos early in the morning, but the weather was a tad too brisk in the 40s for wearing summer apparel. So we postponed the pictures until around lunch time. That was a mistake because then the sun was high in the sky and bright as the dickens. It was really bothering T's sensitive eyes. But the kids were going to a baseball game later in the day, so our window for taking pictures was limited.

We took Mitch's advice and went to Brushy Creek Lake Park. There is a huge patch of gorgeous bluebonnets there (though I don't have a picture of that!). The picture above is of the fringe area of the bluebonnets. J took the picture of all the guys in the family checking out the nature. Daddy-o took the picture at left which showed a really cool green butterfly on some different looking green flowers.

The boys had really no desire to take photos sitting in a field of flowers, but I managed to get a few good ones of each of them individually. J went into her "show off for the camera" mode and was a delight to work with. She loves hamming it up for the camera, and she is so easy to photograph. However, I did not get a single decent photograph of all three kids. They just weren't interested in posing as a group. We may go back later this week to attempt group photos again, or I may just give up for this year.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Cool picture of that butterfly!

Those green-flowered plants are a kind of milkweed called Antelope Horns. I love being able to point them out to kids because green flowers are so rare.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?