web page hit counter TBnJ: Parties, Farms, and Photos

Monday, March 31, 2008

 

Parties, Farms, and Photos

Yet another busy weekend around these parts. Friday night, T,B and Daddy-o got much needed haircuts. J and I stayed home. On Saturday morning, the kids and I went to Boggy Creek Farm again. We ran into two families we knew from different areas of our life. The kids wore their boots so that picking strawberries wasn't too messy since there had been rain the night before. Because of the mud, we walked around a bit instead of playing in the dirt pile. The boys had a lot of fun wading into fig trees looking for developing figs. While J and I were taking pictures of them, T said, "We'll call this shot 'The Great Fig Hunt.'" I don't know where he comes up with these things except the multitude of books he reads.

After that we headed out to their school. We took a bunch of pictures there, too. The kids played on the playground for a bit, and then I handed off the kids to Daddy-o (two cars involved in this whole day's maneuvering) and headed home. The kids did a craft workshop while Daddy-o attended parent education workshops. Daddy-o then took the kids to a birthday party at Radijazz. The kids never get tired of going there.

On Sunday, J and I made French toast (recipe above). Then we had to throw in the less exciting trip to Whole Foods so that we had food to eat this week. Daddy-o then took the kids to Kiddie Acres for another birthday party. The kids had been there before but not in several years so they didn't really remember it. They had a great time, but I think T is ready for the world of Six Flags or Sea World this summer.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?