web page hit counter TBnJ: Minnesota Cuke and the Phantom Menace

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

 

Minnesota Cuke and the Phantom Menace

This weekend the kids watched Minnesota Cuke and the Search for Samson's Hairbrush. When I first mentioned the film to the kids, T thought I said "Mini-soda Cuke" which would make sense with all the food themes running through the Veggie Tales works. We don't know anyone who lives in Minnesota, and I am guessing they haven't talked about it in school for any reason, so it wasn't on his radar.

The film is a Veggie Tales parody of Indiana Jones. It also picks up on "The Hairbrush Song" from an earlier Veggie Tales flick. The kids really enjoyed it. T made the drawing at left using the "Learn to draw..." feature on the DVD bonuses. I asked him why he labeled Larry "Indiana Cuke" instead of "Minnesota Cuke." We own the Indiana Jones trilogy, but the kids haven't seen it (nor will they for many years to come!). Yesterday I was looking at the online Lego catalog with T, and suddenly I figured it out: There's an Indiana Jones set of Legos, so T knew the figure/story/parody from that.

The kids also got to watch The Phantom Menace with Daddy-o this weekend. I positively refused to watch it again. I saw it once almost nine years ago, and that was enough for one life time. Daddy-o wasn't thrilled to sit through it again, but he did. As predicted, the kids loved Jar-Jar and thought he was hysterical. They couldn't understand why Daddy-o and I find Jar-Jar so thoroughly annoying.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?