Wednesday, March 12, 2008
a backlog of movies
The kids have watched a few other movies I haven't blogged about lately. They watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang over a few nights two weekends ago. I was fighting a virus and went to bed before they even started watching it with Daddy-o, so I only caught a few bits of it. The first scene I walked in on had Dick Van Dyke dancing and singing about candy. I didn't realize he was in it; obviously I didn't read carefully when I requested it from the library. However, the kids all liked it. T said it was good. J said and I quote: "It was awesome. They got married." I have no idea who "they" are, but this is that fairytale ending thing I was mentioning previously. B liked it as well, but he wasn't quite as vocal about it.
The kids also watched LarryBoy and the Bad Apple more than once. I nearly didn't get this one out from the library because J and T were previously not fans of LarryBoy due to excessive suspense in the cartoon. However, all three of the kids absolutely adored this one. As with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, I was sleeping when they watched it, so I have no opinions.
J and I finally got to watch the end of A Cinderella Story on a different DVD from a different branch of the library. T actually watched most of the movie with us, too. B didn't have much interest. It was a pretty decent movie all things considered. Definitely a chick flick, though.
J is home sick again today with the coughing and fever virus that got T 2.5 weeks ago and B 3.5 weeks ago. Yesterday on Netflix on demand she watched a bunch of the Miss Mallard Mysteries that T watched when he was home sick. She also tried to watch Kermit's Swamp Years but quickly abandoned it because it was too scary. Netflix's selection of kid movies that are available on demand isn't the greatest. But today, thanks to a blog I read, I found that hulu.com has opened to the public instead of just a test market. So J has been plugged in to Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle. There are about six hours worth of shows available, and I think she intends to watch all of them today. She has declared the show "AWESOME." However, hulu.com isn't cooperating at the moment, so she's had to switch back to more Miss Mallard on Netflix.
The kids also watched LarryBoy and the Bad Apple more than once. I nearly didn't get this one out from the library because J and T were previously not fans of LarryBoy due to excessive suspense in the cartoon. However, all three of the kids absolutely adored this one. As with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, I was sleeping when they watched it, so I have no opinions.
J and I finally got to watch the end of A Cinderella Story on a different DVD from a different branch of the library. T actually watched most of the movie with us, too. B didn't have much interest. It was a pretty decent movie all things considered. Definitely a chick flick, though.
J is home sick again today with the coughing and fever virus that got T 2.5 weeks ago and B 3.5 weeks ago. Yesterday on Netflix on demand she watched a bunch of the Miss Mallard Mysteries that T watched when he was home sick. She also tried to watch Kermit's Swamp Years but quickly abandoned it because it was too scary. Netflix's selection of kid movies that are available on demand isn't the greatest. But today, thanks to a blog I read, I found that hulu.com has opened to the public instead of just a test market. So J has been plugged in to Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle. There are about six hours worth of shows available, and I think she intends to watch all of them today. She has declared the show "AWESOME." However, hulu.com isn't cooperating at the moment, so she's had to switch back to more Miss Mallard on Netflix.
Labels: movies and tv
