Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Peter and the Starcatchers
At the recommendation of a friend, I checked out Peter and the Starcatchers from the library for T. He wasn't sure about it, but once he started reading, he seemed hooked. When I asked him on Monday night what he thought of it, he started explaining where he was in the book in a fashion that assumed I had already read it. Last night, he was very happily reading it. When "lights out" time came at 7 pm, he put down the book as requested. Daddy-o walked by his room a few minutes later and found T reading by the light of the night light though T claims he was just checking which page he was on. Daddy-o jokingly asked if he was going to have to take the light bulb out to get T to stop reading. B, who was following Daddy-o around, began cheering in an impish voice, "YES! TAKE IT OUT! TAKE IT OUT! TAKE IT OUT!" B certainly has the monsterish little brother role mastered.J is currently reading and rereading two Eloise books. I had gotten four chapter books about unicorns and fantasy lands out of the library for her at her request, but three of them went back without her ever cracking the covers, I think. She has the fourth in her room, but I don't know if she is actually reading it. It is really hard to find something for her to read. Books are either too short or too long or not what she wants. Even when we send her to the library in person, she often doesn't come out with much.
Labels: books, kid sayings
