Wednesday, February 06, 2008
more on the turtle
Later yesterday afternoon, Red Dog appeared to be hunting again for the turtle in the backyard.I was thinking about the whole turtle event yesterday evening. The beagles were much more worked up over the possum last year than the turtle yesterday. They seemed a bit befuddled by the turtle. It was moving, but they weren't quite sure what to do with it. I'm not sure how many turtles they've ever seen. Possum, on the other hand, must be similar to cat in their book. It was not too hard to lure them away from the turtle with words like "dinner" whereas they had no interest in abandoning the possum for any bribe short of fresh raw meat.
Last night, I had a dream that we had a turtle colony in our backyard including the huge tortoises one sees at the zoo. I can't imagine why I had such a dream.
This morning after breakfast, B announced, "I sure would like to see another turtle." I told him that I was pretty sure the beagles would like the turtle to come back again today, too.
And the picture above is not a turtle's nest. It's a bird's nest from the front yard. I took the picture with the new camera while I was waiting for Daddy-o and B to get home. I'm just impressed with how nicely it came out. The zoom function on our old camera didn't work at all unless you wanted blurry photos.
Labels: around the house, dogs, kid sayings
