web page hit counter TBnJ: Maple Cinnamon Biscuits

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

 

Maple Cinnamon Biscuits

All three kids loved these biscuits when I made them last night, but they were a sugar loaded treat compared to what we normally eat. I was a little too liberal in sprinkling the sucanat on top; next time, I'll put about half on compared to what I did last night.


***
Maple Cinnamon Biscuits

3 cups whole spelt flour
3 T sucanat + 1 t ground cinnamon, divided
1 T baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1/2 c “milk” (I used oat milk)
1/3 cup canola oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
(1/2 cup finely chopped pecans—optional but definitely forbidden by T and Daddy-o who hate nuts)

Combine the flour, 2 tablespoons cinnamon-sucanat, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix in oil, maple syrup, and milk. Fold in pecans. Stir thoroughly.

Shape into 3” biscuits. Place into an oiled 13 x 9 pan. Biscuits will fill the pan and become more like a cake, but they will separate easily. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sucanat. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Makes about 10.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?