web page hit counter TBnJ: Crock Pot Apple Dessert

Monday, February 18, 2008

 

Crock Pot Apple Dessert

Every few months or years, I go through a phase of trying lots of new recipes because I become bored with our staples. Daddy-o doesn't seem to remember that I do this periodically, but I do. So lately we've been trying a new recipe every chance I have the energy to make one. Some of them have been less than stellar though none have been horrid yet. I made a crock pot chicken and potato curry that was ok but not fabulous. I made a honey chicken stir fry the other night that was way too sweet. Daddy-o and B liked it though T didn't; it threw my blood sugar for a loop, so I won't be making that again. I only am posting the recipes here that actually make it into my files of things I'd make again.

This is basically just an apple crumble that goes in the crock pot, but it came out well. Normally I'd make something like this ahead of time so it didn't tie up valuable oven space during the dinner prep time, but it was nice to take it warm from the crock pot and straight to the table. T loved it, but he loves any apple dessert that I make. J refused to try it because she doesn't like apples (though she eats them raw and in apple sauce). Daddy-o and I thought it was good. B liked it but didn't eat much, probably because he was still fighting the virus.

***

Crock Pot Apple Dessert

6 apples, peeled and sliced
2/3 cup raw oatmeal
1/2 cup sucanat
1/3 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1/3 cup canola or sunflower oil


Mix oatmeal, sugar, flour and spices in a small bowl. Stir oil into mixture until it is crumbly. Put about half of sliced apples in crock pot and spoon about half of oatmeal mixture on top. Cover with the rest of the apples and top with the rest of the crumbly mixture. Cook on high about 2 1/2 hours.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?