web page hit counter TBnJ: caves and mallards

Sunday, February 24, 2008

 

caves and mallards

The movie for Friday evening was Journey into Amazing Caves. Daddy-o had seen it before though he doesn't remember when or where. I skipped it because caves are not my thing. The kids enjoyed the film, though. J said her favorite part was the underwater caving. I told her that was the part of caving that freaks me out the most. She said, "Daddy-o is never going to do that" which I firmly agreed with.

T also was watching videos on the Netflix "watch now" feature. He discovered The Miss Mallard Mysteries (warning-- terribly designed site!) which he watched several of yesterday morning while the rest of the gang was out and about. I asked him why he liked them so much, and he said it was because they were mysteries. Given his reading habits, that doesn't surprise me.

Speaking of reading habits, yesterday he read two Boxcar Children mysteries, and today while waiting in the doctor's office, he read two Hank the Cowdog books. He inhales books. We're out of library books again since I hadn't gotten very many out not expecting him to go through quite so many so quickly!

We also have Sleeping Beauty out from the library, but the kids refuse to watch it. J particularly doesn't want to. They asked to watch Robin Hood again instead. I think Millificent is just too much for them. I have to admit, she was among my least favorite villains when I was little.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?