
In response to J's questions about Great-Grandma's mother, Grandpa sent a few old and some recent family photos for T and J to look at. The one that they found most impressive is the one at left. It's their great-great-grandfather. I'm not sure when the picture was taken, but I would guess it was before 1945. J and T looked at it for a minute, and then J asked, "Is he a police officer?" Yes, indeed, he was a policeman. T's response was, "Cool!" J wanted to know what the strap was across his shoulder to his waist, and I told her that it looked like it was part of his gun holster. You can see the gun on his left side at his waist. T wanted to know why he was carrying a gun, and I told them that most police officers carry a gun. One of them then asked, "Even today?" Yes, even today. Every once in a while they surprise me with a question like that where I'm amazed by what they don't know. On the other hand, in this case, that's probably a good thing.
Labels: kid sayings
# posted by Elizabeth @ 12:09 PM