Saturday, January 19, 2008
Murals
T and J took a class at the Austin Museum of Art School today that was supposed to be on Murals. I expected them to paint a mural on the walls there because the catalog reads, "Be a part of the AMOA Art School’s permanent collection: a wall mural in our new children’s studio. Develop your creative skills in this one-day session with local artists." It was a really cheap class ($10 for three hours), so I didn't think we could lose.Instead, it appears that the project had something to do with the artist/teacher making a mural using their art work. T talked about how the teacher took pictures of their art with his camera and how he was going to cut the pieces he liked out of them and then put them on a bus. Since Capital Metro does have ads on their buses (inside and out) and sometimes has whole buses that are covered with art, this seems logical. I guess we'll just have to keep a look out for an AMOA bus advertisement. Or maybe the teacher was just comparing it to a Cap Metro bus? Who knows.
The photo in the upper left is T's and features his current
obsession with space including Yoda, I believe. J's art is at right which includes a horse, one of her other favorite themes aside from dolphins. J's best friend I was able to take the class, too, which also made it special.While T and J were at AMOA, B and Daddy-o went to the Bob Bullock Museum. B told me, "There was nothing interesting there. But there was an airplane." Despite that assessment, Daddy-o said B had a good time.
Labels: at camp, in Austin, kid drawings
