web page hit counter TBnJ: being girlish

Sunday, January 13, 2008

 

being girlish

On Friday night, J asked me to braid her hair so that it would be wavy in the morning. So we dampened her hair and braided it. The results are at right. Her bangs are almost long enough now not to need the supporting barrettes.

On Saturday, she finally got to try on a new leotard which was a Christmas present from a great aunt and uncle. She helped pick it out on the computer. She debated for quite a while about what color to pick. It was worse than the scene in Sleeping Beauty where Flora and Merriweather are changing the dress from pink to blue to pink. "Yellow... no blue... no lavender... no pink... no yellow... no pink... no blue...." She finally settled on pink which isn't where I would have thought she would have landed.

I really had no clue why she wanted this leotard so much. She doesn't take dance classes nor has she asked to. J was pretty obsessed with the fact that she needed one for Christmas though. I finally decided it must be for dress up and just went with it. Last Sunday, though, she asked if her leotard was ready yet in the same conversation when we were talking about yoga. I finally made the connection. She wanted a leotard for yoga. Since she had originally been showing me the ballet one in the American Girl catalog, I had no clue that this was yoga related. If I had known that, I would have steered her towards a yoga leotard instead. However, she's quite happy with this one. Despite the cold temperatures in the house, she put on tights and a sweater and wore it all morning.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?