Monday, November 19, 2007
on the little big screen
TBnJ haven't had time to watch too much tv lately. Aside from the continuing Saturday morning obsession with Tom and Jerry, the following have made it into the DVD player lately:
The Jungle Book: I hated this movie as a kid. It was too scary. I don't really remember much about it besides the snake, but that was probably enough. However, T wanted to see it since we have various versions of the book, so I rented it. It turns out he was the only one who enjoyed it. B and J both did not like it much at all and only watched a few parts of it.
The Wizard of Oz: Given T's recent obsession with the Oz books (which he is still reading), it's no surprise that he wanted us to check out the movie. He loved it. J and B were both intensely scared by parts of it. T wants to know if there is an Ozma of Oz movie or any other sequels. I'm not sure he's ready to see Return to Oz or any of the other related films/sequels out there.
Cowgirl Dora: It's rapidly becoming obvious that T&J are way too old for Dora. I had to work hard to keep T from making fun of the cartoon all the way through. But I got this out for B since it's age appropriate for him. He loved it.
The kids also watched Cars again one weekend. I still have not made it through that film even though it's been such a smash hit. I find it painfully boring, kind of like the Thomas the Tank Engine videos. Transportation as a feature part of a film just doesn't work for me.
The Jungle Book: I hated this movie as a kid. It was too scary. I don't really remember much about it besides the snake, but that was probably enough. However, T wanted to see it since we have various versions of the book, so I rented it. It turns out he was the only one who enjoyed it. B and J both did not like it much at all and only watched a few parts of it.
The Wizard of Oz: Given T's recent obsession with the Oz books (which he is still reading), it's no surprise that he wanted us to check out the movie. He loved it. J and B were both intensely scared by parts of it. T wants to know if there is an Ozma of Oz movie or any other sequels. I'm not sure he's ready to see Return to Oz or any of the other related films/sequels out there.
Cowgirl Dora: It's rapidly becoming obvious that T&J are way too old for Dora. I had to work hard to keep T from making fun of the cartoon all the way through. But I got this out for B since it's age appropriate for him. He loved it.
The kids also watched Cars again one weekend. I still have not made it through that film even though it's been such a smash hit. I find it painfully boring, kind of like the Thomas the Tank Engine videos. Transportation as a feature part of a film just doesn't work for me.
Labels: movies and tv
