web page hit counter TBnJ: Maker Faire

Monday, October 22, 2007

 

Maker Faire

On Saturday, TBnJ spent the entire day at Maker Faire. They had a blast. When I was trying to convince Daddy-o and the kids that they wanted to go (ok, mainly Daddy-o-- the kids were a very easy sell), Daddy-o was skeptical that there would be enough to do to justify even the cheaper pre-event ticket prices ($20/adult, $5/kid). However, Daddy-o said that they could have easily gone back on the second day and still have seen lots of new things. As usual, they ran into quite a few people they knew. I think half of Austin went over the two days it was open.

The kids loved the crazy cars, but they loved the accompanying activity even more and named it the best thing there. They each got a 6" metal car which they got to decorate. Of course, B's frog fell off the top of his car and got lost and that was a catastrophe. I also found a very small plastic airplane in the laundry which I suspect came from this activity.

T loved the human hamster wheel, and the kids had great fun riding on the bikes.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?