web page hit counter TBnJ: thoughts from T

Saturday, September 22, 2007

 

thoughts from T

We were having a snack yesterday afternoon (T had a peach and J had an apple) when T started rattling off a question to me: "You know how Amelia Earhart's airplane disappeared and no one knows what happened to it? And how the Titanic sank but we know what happened to that? Well, are there any other things like that?"

Geez. A light question from a 7 year old on a Friday afternoon. But I told him that there is the Bermuda Triangle which is an area of ocean where a lot of planes and boats disappear but no one knows what happened to them. T suggested perhaps Amelia Earhart's airplane disappeared there, but I let him know that it was the wrong ocean on the wrong side of the world.

I called Daddy-o who happened to be dropping off some books and movies at the library to see if he could find some books in the Bermuda Triangle section of the library (though I have to wonder if books randomly disappear from there). Unfortunately, Daddy-o and B were already home from their expedition and were in the garage when they got my call. When I went out and told him T's question, he said, "Did you tell him about the Bermuda Triangle?" Either great minds think alike or our minds are warped in the same direction. Regardless, I have the library holding Unexplained and Map Mania for T since they seem to be the type of thing he is interested in.

On a lighter note, T came in to my room last night and asked, "Can I be a dinosaur for Halloween 2008?" Sure. Not a problem. We haven't conquered Halloween 2007 yet, but I'm sure we can handle a dinosaur in 13 months.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?