Saturday, September 08, 2007
the local urchins
We have urchins that live in our house. They have been randomly relocating things around the house for the past seven years. When they were toddlers, the relocations used to be much more random and senseless. Nowadays, there are fewer relocations, and sometimes one can see the logic in them. However, none of the urchins could explain why the throw blanket was laying in the middle of the downstairs back hall floor this morning. I'm sure the beagles didn't move it there, and really, Daddy-o and I have better things to do than randomly relocate things around the house.Two nights ago, I went in the master bathroom in the middle of the night as I am wont to do, and from my seated location, I noticed that there had been a winged migration. Two rubber ducks were now doing a weight check on the scale. I'm not sure if they have joined Jenny Craig or what, but they are still there. J caused this scenic arrangement when she took a shower in the master bathroom the other day, I am sure. But she hasn't moved the ducks back since.
Of course, the scale is something that also migrates. I have hidden it in the depths of closets multiple times, and the urchins go and dig it out again. They love playing with it. It's one of those things that I've just given up putting away most days since they will just get it out again.
Labels: around the house
