web page hit counter TBnJ: local applications of the Geneva Conventions

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

 

local applications of the Geneva Conventions

T and B have discovered (as most brothers do) that their sister J is an easy target. Pushing her buttons is particularly easy, and so T and B enjoy provoking her as a recreational activity.

Yesterday morning T came in the family room and asked if he could watch tv. I told him, no, go play with toys or read a book. So he went back in the toy room and a few seconds later I heard shrieking. J and B sound a lot alike when they are having a fit, so I wasn't sure who was complaining. But I knew the cause. I hollered, "T, I didn't give you permission to torture your siblings!" And T hollered back, "But I'm not torturing B!" No, just J. So I suggested to him that torturing J was not on the approved activity list, and I also requested for the millionth time to J that she use her words to express her displeasure and not shriek like that.

Yesterday evening, all the kids were washing up after dinner and were in the hallway or downstairs bathroom. I couldn't see any of them, but J started shrieking again. So I hollered out, "T, stop tormenting your sister." He called back, "I'm not doing it-- it's B." And sure enough, B walked around the corner into the family room with a huge grin on his face and a twinkle in his eyes.

We have tried to convince J that if she wouldn't react to the boys' provocations, they'd stop. They really just love getting a reaction out of her.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?