Saturday, August 11, 2007
the Liberty Bell
T and I were working on thank you notes. He was writing, and I slapped a stamp on an envelope sitting next to him. T looked at it and proclaimed, "The Liberty Bell!" And then he added, "It has a big crack in it."Seeing as how my degrees are American history related, I was proud he had learned something historical from somewhere and retained it. So I asked him, "Where did you learn about the Liberty Bell?"
T responded, "At school. We were learning about Mount Rushmore. We learned about Abraham Lincoln and the Liberty Bell." I could not get him to clarify how Lincoln was related to the Liberty Bell, but he was certain the two were connected. I suggested that he might have been thinking about Thomas Jefferson (also on Mt. Rushmore), but he insisted that it was Lincoln. Oh well. So much for that version of history!
Labels: kid sayings
