web page hit counter TBnJ: instruments

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

 

instruments

T and J were at the Dougherty Arts School for the past two weeks (a post to follow when I get a chance...) and absolutely loved it. They enjoyed playing the recorder a lot during music class. The teachers suggested that J was doing really well with the fingering because she has superior fine motor skills (which we've known for a while). T was also taking to it really well and didn't want to play as slow as the rest of the students. So we're now considering whether we should start music lessons with them at any point. They'd probably love it.

We don't have a piano, so that typical route is out. When I asked J what instrument she would like to play, she said a flute or a violin. When I asked her why, she said, "Because I like the way they sound." I asked T what instruments he would like to play, and he said a trombone or a trumpet. When I asked him why, he said they start with a T just like his name. Somehow I think J's logic is better.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?