web page hit counter TBnJ: the duvet cover

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

 

the duvet cover

Yesterday we received an invitation in the mail for a cousin's wedding next month. We won't be attending, but I went online to find a registry. After searching every other possible website out there, I found the couple at Target.com. There was a duvet cover for the price I wanted to spend with free shipping, so I selected that, pushed the "buy" button, and was done.

At dinner, I was relating this to Daddy-o (who probably really doesn't care what I bought since this is not his department). Both T&J were interested in the concept of a registry and what it was for and what you could put on it. We told them the salt shaker/pepper mill on the table was something we received from our wedding registry along with the coffee pot which had come out over the weekend for a visit from a friend. The kids then started asking about each and every item in the kitchen that they could see wanting to know whether it was a wedding present. That game got old quickly.

When I said I bought a duvet cover for the betrothed couple, both J and T asked simultaneously, "What's a duvet cover?" I told them it was like a blanket. We don't have comforters on our beds since we live in Texas, so trying to explain that would have been more work. They accepted that answer, but then J noted, "That sounds pretty boring." She then asked, "What color is it?" I answered brown, and T responded, "I like brown!" So I guess the final vote was that T approved of the gift, J did not, and B and Daddy-o had more important things to worry about.

(photo of the duvet cover courtesy of Target.com)

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?