web page hit counter TBnJ: cicada for lunch

Saturday, July 14, 2007

 

cicada for lunch

I've taken to putting apple and pear cores on our back porch lately because the squirrels come by and "recycle" them for us. It makes them happy, and we get a little entertainment. This morning I was upstairs and J was downstairs while the boys were out getting haircuts. J came upstairs and informed me that a squirrel had been on the porch. Instead of eating the pear core, s/he found a cicada and ate that instead. J found it absolutely fascinating. She wanted to know if it was good for the squirrel to eat the cicada. I'm guessing it was ok, though neither J nor I want to add cicadas to our menu. J also mentioned this phenomenon to Daddy-o when he got home from running other errands. It was apparently the highlight of her day.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?