Sunday, June 24, 2007
on TV
T and J (and sometimes B) have been watching Schoolhouse Rock this weekend. Somehow I missed this phenomenon when I was a kid, but it is part of Daddy-o's childhood. Hence we've invested in the DVD to indulge him and them. As a result, T has spent the weekend walking around singing, "Lolly, Lolly, Lolly get your adverbs here." He only remembers that line, and he sings it a lot.
I have been working my way through season 2 of Twin Peaks. T walked in and I quickly paused it because it is very much not a kids' show (and sometimes I am not sure it's even a show I can handle!). It was a bar scene with Christmas lights hanging up, and T asked, "Is that Star Wars? Were those lights light sabers?" Alas. Poor kid. Sometime we are going to have to show them Star Wars. Daddy-o and I just aren't looking forward to it. We know they will not do well with it since they can't handle many Disney films or even Curious George!
I have been working my way through season 2 of Twin Peaks. T walked in and I quickly paused it because it is very much not a kids' show (and sometimes I am not sure it's even a show I can handle!). It was a bar scene with Christmas lights hanging up, and T asked, "Is that Star Wars? Were those lights light sabers?" Alas. Poor kid. Sometime we are going to have to show them Star Wars. Daddy-o and I just aren't looking forward to it. We know they will not do well with it since they can't handle many Disney films or even Curious George!
Labels: kid sayings, movies and tv
