Tuesday, June 05, 2007
National Snail Day

T has declared today National Snail Day. I threw some pizza crusts on the back porch yesterday for the squirrels and birds (and then it rained again so they are a soggy mess). But what they actually seem to have attracted are snails. This morning there were close to twenty snails on the back porch. Of course, by the time I took the camera down two hours later, there were only four left, but I promise you, the back porch had a plethora of snails this morning. So T decided it must be National Snail Day. I'm guessing all the rain lately has also brought them out. Our backyard is a mess of mud and water. Yesterday afternoon while walking the dogs, T managed to jump in a lot of puddles, and as he put it, "I was soaked from head to toe!" He was very proud of that fact.
Labels: around the house, kid sayings
