web page hit counter TBnJ: follow up on Liam Party Day

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

 

follow up on Liam Party Day

Last night we were talking about various things at the dinner table, and I mentioned to Daddy-o that Liam M.'s mom said that the white table the kids were using for the volcano explosions at the birthday party was the cleanest she'd ever seen it. I offered to send T back over if she needs it cleaned again. T readily agreed but said he'd need some more vinegar and baking soda to make it happen.

Then T started talking about white vinegar. He said that white vinegar was the only kind of vinegar that there was. We explained to him that it was the only one he was familiar with, but that there are red wine, rice, and plum vinegars as well as others (and several are actually in our pantry). T then asked as subtly and covertly as he could, "Do we have any baking soda?" I asked Daddy-o, "How do we want to answer that one?" Daddy-o replied, "Yes, we have baking soda but you can't have it." T replied, "Dang!" Really, if he would just walk in the laundry room, there are gallons of vinegar and big boxes of baking soda within his view and reach. He just doesn't ever pay attention when he's in there emptying the dryer, I guess.

Then one of the kids (probably B) brought up the fact that they had a real bus at Liam's birthday party. I said that it was courtesy of Liam's uncle. One of the kids (maybe J?) said, "That's because he's a bus driver." Both Daddy-o and I laughed, and Daddy-o replied, "Among his other talents." Liam's uncle is actually the founder and administrator of a local private school which we think probably involves more than just driving a bus.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?