web page hit counter TBnJ: blackberry muffins

Sunday, June 03, 2007

 

blackberry muffins

I made the blackberry muffins today as I promised the kids I would. I had to hold J to her promise to try one since I made them. J did not like them (big surprise!). B thought they were ok. T loved them. All the kids seem to like mini-muffins better than big muffins, but I don't understand why. They are the same batter and topping!

Vegan Blackberry Muffins
1 c soy or rice milk
1/2 c sunflower or canola oil
1/2 t vanilla
1/3 c ground flax seeds
1 T baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 c sucanat
2 c whole wheat or whole spelt flour
1 c fresh blackberries, lightly chopped in a blender or food processer

Streusel
1/4 c whole wheat or whole spelt flour
2 T sucanat
1/4 t cinnamon
2 T sunflower or canola oil

Mix dry ingredients; add wet ones and blackberries. In a separate bowl, mix the streusel topping. Fill muffin cups 1/2 way and sprinkle streusel on top. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes in oiled muffin tins.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?