web page hit counter TBnJ: presents for friends

Monday, May 21, 2007

 

presents for friends

T and J often get birthday party invitations on short notice, so I have taken to keeping a present closet stocked with a variety of presents that T&J would like (and so I thereby assume their friends would enjoy, too). To figure out which present is best suited for the birthday honoree, I ask the kids if the friend likes anything in particular. I'll usually get an answer of "Star Wars" or "art" or "bugs" or some broad category, and often I can match that up with something in the present closet.

For the party that T&J went to on Sunday, I asked T if the friend liked anything in particular. T responded, "He likes things that snap together... you know, like Legos." That cracked me up. He has mentioned that other friends like Legos recently, so I was beginning to wonder if it was just a generic answer for me that all his friends like Legos because he likes Legos. But when I asked him about the birthday child for next weekend's party, he told me, "Dinosaurs. He likes dinosaurs a lot." So it's not just a generic answer. And happily, I have had Legos and dinosaur presents in the closet.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?