Thursday, May 17, 2007
more on pre-Halloween 2007
Last night I broke it to T that I could not find a Yeti costume that would fit him. He was disappointed. I suggested to him that he could be Peter Pan or an astronaut or a robot instead. He got very excited about the astronaut idea. I told him that most of the costumes I saw were the blue or orange suits. T said, "No, I want the white suit with the helmet like Neil Armstrong." I just looked at Daddy-o and informed him, "You have warped my child." To comfort me, J looked up from what she was doing and said, "Who's Neil Armstrong?" Thank heavens. One of them hasn't been brainwashed yet.
Of course, B wanted to be an astronaut like T or maybe Peter Pan or a robot. But at some point in there, someone suggested Pablo (who pretends to be the Yeti in one episode of the Backyardigans), and I said that I had looked for Pablo, but the only costumes I could find were size 4T and smaller so T would not fit in them. At that point, B threw all the other ideas out the window. He wants to be Pablo. He was excited about that. And then T wanted to know if I could find a Mumble costume in his size. So that is in contention for him.
J of course let go of the (simple, easy) ghost idea at this point, too. She wanted to know if she could be a dolphin. Unfortunately, dolphins seem to be as expensive as Yetis, even when bought at a discount price. I found one child's costume on Ebay in Australia, but it's a tad on the small side since J is wearing 115-120 in European sizing. But at least there's a chance of finding one for Halloween. J said she would settle for any sea animal (though she's not interested in being a mermaid), but she'd really like to be a dolphin. She inquired about Uniqua or Tasha, but they only seem to come in sizes 4T and smaller.
At bedtime, T told me, "I'm going to be a robot for Halloween." I'm not sure what happened to the astronaut in the one hour between the first conversation and the bedtime proclamation. I'm betting if I ask again today, I'll get another answer.
Of course, B wanted to be an astronaut like T or maybe Peter Pan or a robot. But at some point in there, someone suggested Pablo (who pretends to be the Yeti in one episode of the Backyardigans), and I said that I had looked for Pablo, but the only costumes I could find were size 4T and smaller so T would not fit in them. At that point, B threw all the other ideas out the window. He wants to be Pablo. He was excited about that. And then T wanted to know if I could find a Mumble costume in his size. So that is in contention for him.
J of course let go of the (simple, easy) ghost idea at this point, too. She wanted to know if she could be a dolphin. Unfortunately, dolphins seem to be as expensive as Yetis, even when bought at a discount price. I found one child's costume on Ebay in Australia, but it's a tad on the small side since J is wearing 115-120 in European sizing. But at least there's a chance of finding one for Halloween. J said she would settle for any sea animal (though she's not interested in being a mermaid), but she'd really like to be a dolphin. She inquired about Uniqua or Tasha, but they only seem to come in sizes 4T and smaller.
At bedtime, T told me, "I'm going to be a robot for Halloween." I'm not sure what happened to the astronaut in the one hour between the first conversation and the bedtime proclamation. I'm betting if I ask again today, I'll get another answer.
Labels: around the house, kid sayings, movies and tv
