web page hit counter TBnJ: he's my child

Thursday, May 24, 2007

 

he's my child

TBnJ are going to be going on a vacation this summer with Daddy-o. We decided this two nights ago. B heard Daddy-o and I talking about it after J and T were asleep, so he knew about it before T and J. Yesterday afternoon, I told T that I had a surprise for him and it involved an airplane. He asked, "Grandpa?" I told him, yes, sort of, that Grandpa was involved. He asked if Grandpa was coming on an airplane, and I told him no. I told him to go find J and see if they could work it out. So T went off and talked to J. T came back and said, "Grandpa sent us presents on an airplane?" I told him no, Grandpa didn't send presents. Try again. J couldn't figure it out either. So I told them to go ask B because B knew the answer if they could get it out of him.

So they went in the other room and T asked B, "Do you know about a surprise involving an airplane?" B was busy, and he kept playing nonchalantly as he answered, "We're going on an airplane to see Oma and Opa." T turned to me and asked, "Is that really true?" And I assured him that it was really true.

Throughout the evening we talked about the trip to St. Louis, who they'd see, what they'd do, etc. T wanted to go to the zoo. J wanted to know how long it would take on the airplane (two hours, plus two hours of sitting in the airport beforehand). We mentioned that they could have new books to read on the airplane. And that was it for T. Proving that he is my child, he asked no less than three times last night, "Which new books am I going to get on the plane?" He is now more excited about the new books than the plane ride.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?