Saturday, March 10, 2007
of beds and princesses
This morning the boys all went shopping, and J and I stayed home. We were going to watch Ella Enchanted. When I had told everyone that this was the movie that had arrived for the weekend, T was far less than thrilled upon hearing it was a "Cinderella Story." J was excited. So J and I sat down to watch it at 8 am this morning. I was figuring it was a movie she would want to watch multiple times whereas the boys might not even make it through one viewing. However, I was greatly mistaken. J didn't even make it through one viewing. She didn't like it. I thought it was pretty good myself.
So instead of watching the movie, J went upstairs and cleaned her room and T's room. Yes, she is sick with a cold, and yes, we do think this has affected her brain. She also straightened o
ut B's clothes stacks earlier this week one day before school. She did a fabulous job making T's bed. She arranged a lot of their collection of stuffed animals on his bed. Behind the standing Calvin and Hobbes book is Puhpuhpo, T's doll. She's reading it. The frog backpack is holding T's overnight water bottle. Also in the collection of animals are a stuffed chirping chick that T got one Easter from his godparents, a moose named Rolf whom Grandpa brought back from Canada, and Blue Dog and Red Dog which were gifts from Oma and Opa on T and J's first birthday. And neatly flared as though this was a fancy hotel are T's latest reading materials: Asterix comics and Puzzlemania books.
After T got home, J was telling him that Ella Enchanted was about a girl who falls in love with a prince, at which point T interjected, "Yeah, that sounds like Cinderella." (And I was thinking to myself, "Yes, and half a dozen other fairy tales!") J went on to try to give a convoluted plot summary to T. She was watching more of the movie from the top of the stairs than I thought. But she still claims not to have liked the movie for no particular reason. She also didn't recognize Anne Hathaway from The Princess Diaries.
Edited to add: T and B both liked Ella Enchanted far better than J did! I certainly didn't expect that!
So instead of watching the movie, J went upstairs and cleaned her room and T's room. Yes, she is sick with a cold, and yes, we do think this has affected her brain. She also straightened o
ut B's clothes stacks earlier this week one day before school. She did a fabulous job making T's bed. She arranged a lot of their collection of stuffed animals on his bed. Behind the standing Calvin and Hobbes book is Puhpuhpo, T's doll. She's reading it. The frog backpack is holding T's overnight water bottle. Also in the collection of animals are a stuffed chirping chick that T got one Easter from his godparents, a moose named Rolf whom Grandpa brought back from Canada, and Blue Dog and Red Dog which were gifts from Oma and Opa on T and J's first birthday. And neatly flared as though this was a fancy hotel are T's latest reading materials: Asterix comics and Puzzlemania books.After T got home, J was telling him that Ella Enchanted was about a girl who falls in love with a prince, at which point T interjected, "Yeah, that sounds like Cinderella." (And I was thinking to myself, "Yes, and half a dozen other fairy tales!") J went on to try to give a convoluted plot summary to T. She was watching more of the movie from the top of the stairs than I thought. But she still claims not to have liked the movie for no particular reason. She also didn't recognize Anne Hathaway from The Princess Diaries.
Edited to add: T and B both liked Ella Enchanted far better than J did! I certainly didn't expect that!
Labels: around the house, kid sayings, movies and tv
