Tuesday, February 06, 2007
How many toes?
B, despite exceptional intelligence in many other areas, seems to have a hard time remembering how many fingers and toes he has. I'm not sure why this is so hard for him, but it's something he hasn't latched onto yet. Last night he and J were in the same room in the dark not falling asleep. I asked B how many toes he had. He said he didn't know. I told him, "Ten." He told me no. J rolled over at that point and said, "Yes, five on each foot." B looked at me and then started counting. Most amazingly, when he was done, he got ten toes, five on each foot. J was right! Then Daddy-o came in and asked him how many fingers he had on each hand. B held up his right hand and said, "This many." Well, yes. Daddy-o asked B what one less than six was. B answered, "Seven!" Daddy-o laughed and said, "No, that's one more. What's one LESS than six?" And B answered, "Eight!" Since we were going further in the wrong direction, Daddy-o just gave up at that point.
Labels: kid sayings
