web page hit counter TBnJ: a different world

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

 

a different world

I order various organic food items in bulk from Amazon.com because they are much cheaper than buying them at Whole Foods. We get things like dried pasta, granola bars, agave nectar, cereal, and more. One of the more recent purchases was pretzels. I told Daddy-o (and thereby the kids who hear everything we say to each other) that I had ordered them last week. Today T started bugging me about when the pretzels were going to arrive. I told him that they had shipped yesterday and would probably get here by Friday. He asked me where they were coming from. I had no clue. So we traipsed upstairs and found the e-mail shipping receipt with the tracking number. We went to ups.com and entered the tracking number. T was very excited to learn that the pretzels originated in Dallas, went to Fort Worth, and would be arriving at our house TODAY. I am sure he is going to be haunting the front porch this afternoon waiting for the UPS truck to arrive (which usually comes after 3). It's just such a different system of living than when Daddy-o and I were kids. You certainly didn't order food on the computer and then watch it get shipped across the country!

T and J are both home today with fevers which they have had since Sunday. They had sore throats which seem to be morphing into laryngitis. They both sound rather funny at this point, and J is getting harder to understand.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?