web page hit counter TBnJ: the tv is cold

Sunday, December 17, 2006

 

the tv is cold

Yesterday the TV, VCR, and DVD player all had no power. They would not work. Our suspicion (which proved to be true) was that the outlet which we moved them to last week was connected to a light switch which someone had turned off. We infrequently had this problem with the outlet in the living room when the dvd player wouldn't work because that outlet switch would accidentally get knocked. So the mission became figuring out which mysterious light switch in this house it was that controlled that outlet. Since we hadn't used that outlet in 5+ years because of babyproofing, it took a bit of testing to figure it out. Once we did, Daddy-o switched the plugs to the outlet not controlled by the switch so it no longer matters if someone turns the switch off.

In the interim before Daddy-o had time to mess with switches and plugs, we just didn't watch any tv. B and I were at home together while the other three were gone, and B wanted to watch tv. I told him it was broken and we needed to wait for Daddy-o to fix it. He told me, "Put a blanket around it." I was completely confused. I asked him again to make sure I understood him. He said, "Put a blanket on it." I asked WHY I would want to put a blanket around it. He said maybe the tv was cold and it needed a blanket to warm up and work. That's a really interesting theory. I think (but can't be certain) that it may be inspired by Linus wrapping his blanket around Charlie Brown's Christmas tree to make it "work" better. Otherwise I have no idea where B came up with that theory!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?