Wednesday, December 20, 2006
a high tech Christmas

So far the extent of our Christmas decorating is this small 18" fiberoptic tree. I originally bought the tree for something like $14.88 at Party City when the twins were around five months old. And that year, I considered it more than enough Christmas decorating. The babies absolutely adored staring at it, especially J. That was an added bonus. I love looking at it, too. I find the changing colors very calming. T was very excited when I put it up this year since I hadn't put it up in a few years and he didn't really remember it. However, he still loves it. So does B. They are very obsessed with turning it on as soon as they come downstairs. The only one who doesn't like it so much is Daddy-o. I think for him it's the equivalent of the bright shiny tin trees on Charlie Brown Christmas.
Of course, the kids do like some old fashioned fun to go with their high tech tree: Here's B and T playing cars on the dining room floor. And we will be putting up a more traditional (albeit fake) Christmas tree over the weekend.Labels: around the house
