Sunday, December 10, 2006
the bottomless pit
T has been eating like a bottomless pit lately. On Friday nine days ago, between 4:30 and 6:30 pm, he ate:
-1 large mango
-3 small Satsuma oranges (and the better part of one from J)
-1/3 a pear
-4 slices of whole wheat bread
-an entire pack of smoked turkey
The other night at dinner, I made myself some peanut butter on crackers. We have to limit the crackers with the kids because they will fill up entirely on them and then not eat anything else. As soon as I sat down at the table both T and B immediately started harassing me, "How come you have those crackers? We want those crackers. Can we have those crackers?" I told them they were like vultures. You can't even eat your own food around here without being attacked. T said that his teacher E likes to say they have "the eye of an eagle" when they spy something they want. That's probably nicer than calling them vultures though they certainly feel like vultures when you sit down to eat and all your food gets taken from you!
-1 large mango
-3 small Satsuma oranges (and the better part of one from J)
-1/3 a pear
-4 slices of whole wheat bread
-an entire pack of smoked turkey
The other night at dinner, I made myself some peanut butter on crackers. We have to limit the crackers with the kids because they will fill up entirely on them and then not eat anything else. As soon as I sat down at the table both T and B immediately started harassing me, "How come you have those crackers? We want those crackers. Can we have those crackers?" I told them they were like vultures. You can't even eat your own food around here without being attacked. T said that his teacher E likes to say they have "the eye of an eagle" when they spy something they want. That's probably nicer than calling them vultures though they certainly feel like vultures when you sit down to eat and all your food gets taken from you!
Labels: around the house
