web page hit counter TBnJ: what cow?

Sunday, October 08, 2006

 

what cow?

Yesterday after the crew returned from the TPWD Expo, we had on the end of the UT-OU football game. J sat down to see what was on tv, B was watching with big eyes, and T grabbed a new library book and went upstairs to read.

At one point they were showing the Sooners' covered wagon and horses. J wanted to know what those were for. I was going to explain them to her in terms of the UT mascot because I figured that would make sense to her. I asked her, "You know how UT always has the cow laying down on the field?" J looked at me with a very serious face and expression and said, "What cow?" Appalled, I asked, "You know, Bevo?" She looked confused and said, "Who's Bevo?" Ok, so much for trying to explain things that route. I don't understand how she can have watched as much UT football as she has and not know who Bevo is. I don't know how she can have lived in Austin for six years and not know who Bevo is. There's a Longhorn stamped on half of everything in this town! Maybe I should have tried asking her about the Rice Owls... she sees those on t-shirts around our house all the time!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?