web page hit counter TBnJ: green soup

Friday, October 20, 2006

 

green soup


Last night I made green soup for dinner. It's arugula potato soup. T, J and Daddy-o rejected it, but both B and I liked it a lot. This picture doesn't do a great job in showing its green nature-- it's a prettier green in person. It also doesn't have such a distinct reflection of the overhead kitchen light most of the time!

Arugula-Potato Soup
4-5 cups water
2 yukon gold potatoes, diced but not peeled (about 2 cups, I would
guess)
about 3-4 loose cups of arugula
1/4 cup fresh parsley
sea salt (about 1-2 t?)
black pepper (about 1/2-1 t?)

Boil the water and potatoes, and let the potatoes cook for a few minutes. Add in the green items and the seasonings. Continue boiling until the potatoes are cooked. Use an immersion blender to puree the whole pot. Optionally sprinkle with parmesan cheese before serving.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?