Wednesday, October 18, 2006
governors and caves
This evening at dinner, I was telling Daddy-o that a pollster dude called and asked who I would vote for if the election was tomorrow. I cut him off before he had half the first name of the first candidate out of his mouth since my mind is already firmly made up. T said that he wouldn't vote for George Bush. I told him that George wasn't running for this election. He wanted to know who was. I told him Rick Perry, Carole Keeton Strayhorn, Chris Bell, and Kinky Friedman. I then mentioned there were one or two minor candidates, too, but I couldn't remember their names. T said those didn't sound like very popular names. I asked him what better names would be, and he replied, "Oh, I don't know. Henry." So I guess Henry needs to run for governor of Texas.
We were also discussing the upcoming Austin Cave Day which the crew is planning on attending. B wanted to know if the caves are fake or real, and we said real. The kids are excited to see the caves. I said that they would also talk about bats since it's Halloween weekend. Daddy-o had to remind them that bats lived in caves and that was also part of it. T wanted to know what else they were going to talk about. He then said something about caves and turkeys and people carving out caves and turkeys living in them. I was completely and totally lost. Daddy-o finally understood what T was talking about. People a long time ago in Turkey (the country, not the animal) carved out caves and lived in them. J chimed in that they spoke 17 languages in Turkey, including Spanish. We eventually got enough information out of them to figure out that they had read some kind of book on Turkey at school. But it was confusing in the process!
We were also discussing the upcoming Austin Cave Day which the crew is planning on attending. B wanted to know if the caves are fake or real, and we said real. The kids are excited to see the caves. I said that they would also talk about bats since it's Halloween weekend. Daddy-o had to remind them that bats lived in caves and that was also part of it. T wanted to know what else they were going to talk about. He then said something about caves and turkeys and people carving out caves and turkeys living in them. I was completely and totally lost. Daddy-o finally understood what T was talking about. People a long time ago in Turkey (the country, not the animal) carved out caves and lived in them. J chimed in that they spoke 17 languages in Turkey, including Spanish. We eventually got enough information out of them to figure out that they had read some kind of book on Turkey at school. But it was confusing in the process!
Labels: kid sayings
