Saturday, August 05, 2006
a sacrilege
We just finished watching Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory-- the original one with Gene Wilder that was made before either Daddy-o or I were born. T had read the book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by himself, and J and B listened while Daddy-o read it to them. So they were pretty excited to watch the movie.
At one point, the tour group in the factory is in the invention room. The oompa-loompas are going around doing their work. T exclaimed, "They are like Teletubbies running around." Daddy-o and I just looked at each other. There is something absolutely sacrilegious in comparing an oompa-loompa to a Teletubby. It just isn't right. Though I do see how T got the lumpy round body comparison.
At one point, the tour group in the factory is in the invention room. The oompa-loompas are going around doing their work. T exclaimed, "They are like Teletubbies running around." Daddy-o and I just looked at each other. There is something absolutely sacrilegious in comparing an oompa-loompa to a Teletubby. It just isn't right. Though I do see how T got the lumpy round body comparison.
Labels: kid sayings
