Friday, August 11, 2006
the end of summer camp
T and J finished summer camp today. They definitely aren't trilingual, but they have picked up quite a bit of Spanish and French. Now to try to keep it going until next summer...
Since ADS doesn't start school until September 5th while all the other local schools start next week, T and J are going to be spending some time with friends whom we carpool with. When we were talking about this this evening, I told them that D, the mom, would be taking them some fun places to play like creeks and water parks and a botanical garden. T asked, "And on a boat?" I don't know where that came from, but we said that we didn't think that would happen. Then T asked for Austin Children's Museum which is more realistic. J subsequently asked if they would go to a graveyard. I have no idea where that one came from! Her class did go by a cemetery on the property out at ADS last spring, so maybe that's it. It's just not on the list of places that I typically think of for field trips for kids aged 2-7, though the historian in me has gone out of my way to see more than one in pre-kid days.
Since ADS doesn't start school until September 5th while all the other local schools start next week, T and J are going to be spending some time with friends whom we carpool with. When we were talking about this this evening, I told them that D, the mom, would be taking them some fun places to play like creeks and water parks and a botanical garden. T asked, "And on a boat?" I don't know where that came from, but we said that we didn't think that would happen. Then T asked for Austin Children's Museum which is more realistic. J subsequently asked if they would go to a graveyard. I have no idea where that one came from! Her class did go by a cemetery on the property out at ADS last spring, so maybe that's it. It's just not on the list of places that I typically think of for field trips for kids aged 2-7, though the historian in me has gone out of my way to see more than one in pre-kid days.
Labels: kid sayings
